Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Home Sweet Home

It took a long day of waiting, but we made it home. The drive completely wore Livie out and when we got home she only last with her playing with Ella for a short while before she needed to veg. Poor baby is ready to go but her body is not.

So, it looks like our at home battle, besides the typical energy recovery, is to get the puking to stop. My theory is that Miss Liv is suffering from sensitive gag reflux due to be intubated which is then exacerbated by nasty meds. Tonight she actually ate a decent amount of dinner. I was so excited. Then we gave her meds and it all went away. The NP's are slightly worried about her puking so we'll still be watching her closely. I'm hoping the three times today was just caused by exhaustion but who knows. Which means I'm a little panicky right now. I keep reminding myself that the first few nights home are the more stressful. But we're home as a whole family.

0 comments: