Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good New, Bad News

Yup, that's right. We may be heading home tonight or tomorrow morning. Yesterday was a very busy day. Sedated echo, consult with nutrition, lactation, ENT. Talked with Dr. Kaza and Annie (the nurse practitioner we work with a lot) and came up with a plan.
All the consults were related to my milk. I'm still pumping but haven't given up dairy. Annie wanted to try my milk again now that Liv's perfusions are good. So that brought in the nutritionist and lactation. Livie has failed FIVE swallow studies and that is why ENT was brought in. They were less than helpful. All they did is tell me exactly what I'd already been told by everyone else. But, we will come back in the near future and Liv will be scoped so they can see what's going on.
Our meeting with Dr. Kaza went very well. He says Olivia wins the gold metal. Size, recovery, etc. She's just done so well. He did say he doesn't want to change her nj right now. She just had a major surgery and he doesn't think she needs to go through another major change right away. Fine with me. I've got hauling that iv stand around down to an art.
Today brought some good news and bad news. We'll start with the bad. No milk for Livie. GI had to add their opinion in and said not until she's a year old unless I give up dairy. Now that the Glenn is over, I might try it...I'm not sure yet...double pooh. But because of this, we got good news. Since they're not gong to have to keep an eye on her while she tries my milk we get to go home! Tonight or first thing in the morning. Hooray!
So, I'll be packing today and getting ready to go home!
Oh and Olivia is down to a quarter liter of O2. And she can't go lower than that. They are treating her with oxygen for pulmonary hypertension. She doesn't have it. Just a preemptive strike thing they got going. Over the next month or so they'll work on weaning her off of the oxygen altogether. So we are golden. Here's to my little gold medalist!

2 comments:

cyndi-lou-who:. said...

Livie is amazing in so many ways! We love her so and we were so glad to see you guys. Liv smiling and telling us all kinds of happy stories was the best. Love you!

Trinity said...

Glad you get to go home soon and that she has done so well!