Day 6: Latin. Andrew drove me through campus today and it made me a little homesick. College was one of those life altering experiences for me. I grew into myself, discovered new things about myself, and naturally learned a ton. I had many favorite classes but Latin was the absolute best. Learning a dead language might sound kind of useless to some but it was incredibly enlightening. Not only did I get to translate some pretty freaking awesome stuff but the rules of english that had seemed so confusing and annoying at one point all the sudden made perfect sense. I made amazing friends in the class, my professors were fantastic, and by taking latin I made my way to the perfect minor. Learning latin made me a better writer, it makes watching movies/tv more fun when I get to translate different things, and I just love it. Hence my degree in History with a minor in Classics with an emphasis in Latin.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Day 6
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi!
Posted by Sarah Turley at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment