Well, sorta. Olivia is still working on the potty training unfortunately, but we've had a couple weeks home without any interruptions to our normal schedule and we're hoping after a couple more weeks Liv will, once more, be good friends with the potty. If now, I'm gunna need a new washer. SO MUCH LAUNDRY!
On a more positive note, Miss Liv is back to school and couldn't be more thrilled about it. She loves her teacher, she loves learning, and she loves telling me all about it. Naturally, I love all that too. Olivia is learning her numbers right now and is doing well. She was already pretty good with numbers so I'm not surprised. We'll see how letters go. She isn't as great with those. My children refuse to learn from me. Flash cards, pointing letter out on billboards/mountains/anything, doesn't matter. If it comes from mom, both Ella and Liv refuse to learn it. Luckily, they're willing to learn from a teacher. And that is one very big reason why homeschooling would never work for us.
Olivia is getting excited and ready for Halloween now. She's decided she wants to be an autumn fairy and has loved helping decorate for Halloween. She keeps telling me that "This will be the best halloween ever!" I'm sure it will be fantastic. I'm pretty excited to see how she does. Last year Liv trick-or-treated with an oxygen tank in tow. This year should be tons better.
Liv seems to be growing in leaps and bounds lately. At least emotionally/developmentally. Physically, she's a shorty. She has gone from never caring about playing with friends to wanting to all the time. The way she communicates is adorable and seems so grown up all the sudden. It has been a blast getting one on one time with Liv while Ella is at school. Ella dominates conversation frequently so with her at school, Liv has had a chance to really blossom. I really love, love, love chatting with both my girls. It may be one of my most favorite things in the world. Just getting to know them is the best!
Liv has also realized that making people laugh is a blast which is both fun and super obnoxious. Fun during the day. Horrible at night when her and Ella should be sleeping. We switched girls into the same room in preparation for Abby's arrival. Thank heavens we did it early because it is turning out to be a BIG adjustment. Liv, being the recent comedian, spends way to long trying to make Ella laugh instead of going to sleep. This usually involves shaking her bum around. Ella tries so hard to ignore Livie, and does pretty well so Liv is the only one to get in trouble. Hopefully when we get their bunkbeds it won't be so bad.
And our only really funny Liv-ism this month was more accidental, but still hilarious. Ok, maybe the lack of sleep is making me slap happy but I thought it was hilarious. So, quick background, Andrew has a kind of gruff way of talking and Livie has decided that means we fight a lot. We actually rarely do, and even more rarely in front of the girlies. Anyway, when she prays she prays that Andrew and I won't fight (maybe that's why we don't very often, so I'm not complainin') So one night at the dinner table Liv is praying and kind of stumbled on the words and ended up saying, "Please bless that mom and dad won't fart." And I lost it. Snorting during the duration of the prayer and full on guffaws when it was over. Andrew scolded me (while he was laughing too) and Ella and Livie, who didn't realize what Livie's mistake sounded like, were confused. Ya know, because they're good kids. It may not be that funny to you, but it still makes me laugh. I may or may not have the sense of humor of an 11 year old boy....
Monday, October 3, 2016
Back in the Swing of Things
Posted by Sarah Turley at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment