Livie started out summer with a UTI. Ugh! It was awful! She had three accidents in one day and by the third my patience was gone. I was scolding her as she got in the tub then she says, "Mommy, something happened!" I walk in and she's peed blood. Naturally, that was a "you're the worst mom in the world" moment. There was my explanation for the accidents. We got her into the doctors, got her taken care of and she's been fine ever since. Except we had to start over on potty training. Grr. I hate potty training. Still, it ended up being a good thing in the end (silver lining search.) See, Olivia wasn't potty trained at night. With Ella is just happened. I didn't have to do anything so I was waiting and hoping that would happen for Liv. It didn't. So after weeks of accidents throughout the day (UTI gone) I decided she was used to sitting in her own pee because of the nighttime diaper. So away went the diapers, and night time potty training began. It took several nights of accidents, waking her up to pee, and lots of sheet cleaning but she finally got there. SHe is now night time trained and I was also right! Since then, she hasn't been having accidents during the day! Hooray for the mommy win!
Liv has been making progress in all things lately. First potty training, then chores! It has been a fight with this girl on teaching her to clean her room. Seriously. I don't know how many times we've collected her toys in a garbage sack. But she is finally catching on. Most days at least. I do currently have a bag of toys from last week. She was feeling particularly stubborn one day and wouldn't clean. But for the most part she's doing well. She straightens up the bathroom, feed the cat, sets the table, and makes her bed. She's always so proud of herself after each task. Soon, she'll feel the same about actually cleaning her room and that one won't be such a fight either. I hope.
Olivia is still in the adorable learning stage. She doesn't always hear us clearly and says things wrong. Some of my fav's being, "fresh muffins" for english muffins and a "time penny" which is a dime. She calls all money pennies so when we explained it was a dime she said, "yeah, a time penny." And we laughed.
Liv is also learning and coming up with her own ideas. I love this. One night, shortly after watching the new Star Wars, I went to tuck Livie in. Her nightlight was casting a shadow of her lamp on the ceiling and she said, "Mom, look, it's the baby robot's shadow." This is also a case of the mishearing. Baby robot=BB8 She was super excited to have baby robot's shadow on her ceiling.
And with our overconsumption of otter pops Livie has learned that if you suck out all the juice/color, the otter pops turn to....SNOW! According to her. She loves it.
Olivia also turned 4 since my last update. What!? I know. It's weird. She had an awesome party and was spoiled by all the family and friends who came. I wish I could say 4 was as amazing as I hoped it would be, but so far it's filled with a lot of whining and crying. Seriously. This girl. Ella tantrums were epic, true, but she came down from them fairly quickly. Livie will go forever! Not to mention she can turn it off too. She definitely uses this as a tool. I can't figure out why because we've never given in to her tantrums. She is just stubborn as all get out. Maybe her becoming the middle child will mellow her a bit, but until then, expect to hear some sort of meltdown when you walk past my house.
Monday, July 11, 2016
A Rough Month and Four Years!
Posted by Sarah Turley at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment