She looks just like Ella did at her age.
Proud Daddy
Meeting Olivia for the first time before she headed over to PCMC
Holding my baby for the first time
Look at those chubby thighs.
Olivia is still doing wonderfully today. She startles easily and does NOT like the camera flash. Luckily, the lighting in the CICU is pretty good so we can get away with not having a flash. I was able to head over to PCMC this morning and actually got to hold my baby for a good couple of hours. Whenever Livie would get upset for one reason or another all I had to do was sing to her and she settled right down. She has wonderfully adorable dimples. They're much more prominent than Ella's. She sorta opened her eyes for me but the little monitor on her forehead (measures sats in her brain) made it hard for her to open her left eye. She didn't seem to mind too much. The prostiglandins make her pretty sleepy so she just went back to sleep when she couldn't get that eye to open. It's just so weird how normal she looks. Her feet are a little blue (not as much as they were last night) and they're a little chilly but other than that and all the tubes you'd never know anything was amiss.
We also got a set surgery date for Friday at noon. So, if you find the time we'd appreciate prayers, good vibes/thoughts or whatever it is you do on her behalf.
And in case you were wondering, I am doing just fine. No more passing out or being light headed. I'm recovering wonderfully. Minimal swelling. The abdominal cramping is worse this time around but other than that this recovery is a breeze compared to last time. I am still taking it easy just to make sure things continue to go smoothly for me but I'm pretty confidant that we won't have to worry about anything.

3 comments:
Oh, she is too cute! Congrats on such a cute and chubby little princess. You will 100% be in our thoughts for Friday and prayers!
So glad to hear you are doing okay, yes I have to agree the after birth pains are much worse after additional kids. The pictures of you hold her are so sweet, and she is such a big baby, you are right she looks so healthy and strong, I would never have thought anything was wrong, I don't know what is more cute, her cheeks, or thighs! She is so cute! We will be praying for Friday. Great work! and I love that your keeping the blog updated! I find myself checking throughout the day for updates ha ha. I love your birth story by the way, I love hearing the birth stories.
She is simply adorable! She is looking so great and I'm so glad that you got to hold her so soon! We will be praying for a smooth and uneventful surgery on Friday!
Post a Comment