Maybe I'm still a little twitterpated from our anniversary but I've been feeling extra lovey lately. So I thought I'd just share with all of you. You don't have to read this if you're not in the mood for sappy.
Basically this is just about how amazing Andrew is. I've been having a rough time lately with a number of different things and he has been so wonderful through it all. It's no secret that Andrew doesn't do emotional stuff well. Poor guy married a very emotional woman so I've been a learning experience for him, that's for sure. Though he usually is unsure what to do I think he's finally figured out that all he has to do is hold me while I cry. Lately he's gone above and beyond expectations. Rubbing my back, foot rubs, extra hugs and kisses (some might start to think we're newlyweds again) I don't know what I'd do without him.
I've been wanting to make a list of things I love about him for a long time. I'm sure you'll find some of these strange but they are what make him, him.
The wrinkles behind his earlobes.
The way he frowns when he's waking up.
The way he giggles when he's excited.
His imitation singing (he's amazing at sounding just like any male artist)
His road rage when we're stopped at red lights and can't go anywhere anyway.
His extreme need to talk while I'm trying to go to sleep.
His loud breathing at night.
The way he sleeps with his head on his shoulder. (No idea how he finds that comfortable)
Bum snuggles, feet snuggles, arm snuggles, basically if we're touching he says we're snuggling.
His pickyness about how the toilet paper is put on the thingy.
The way he apologizes everytime he farts.
The way he "sneaks" the remote away.
How he won't buy me presents until the day before whatever event because he gets too excited and spoils the surprise.
The way he plays with Elly.
The way he sings to her.
The way he reads to her.
How he sends me shopping because he knows it'll make me feel better.
How he makes me have girl nights because he knows I need girl time.
How he never gets upset when he's starving and I still don't have dinner ready.
His smile.
His eyes.
His closet tenderness. (Yes, underneath that macho man exterior lies a man as sweet as they come)
His hard work.
The way he's a perfectionist.
Anyway, that's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. I sure am a lucky girl. I still can't believe that I was special enough to get him. I'm so grateful that I get him for eternity.

2 comments:
when it said "closet tenderness" i thought it was referring to an actual closet and i was confused. then i got it. haha. that was a nice list. sweet to have those reminders.
I read the whole thing. . .and loved every min of it! I think its great to have someone that you can really turn to in tough times. Your amazing Sarah and you have always been amazing, and no matter how hard the times are I know you will make it through them. I am so glad you have your husband there to help him, and I think its great that you guys act like newlyweds after being married this long. . .with a kid. That is a true sign of love if you ask me. I loved reading the list, and just like you are lucky to have him, he is lucky to have you! You guys are such a cute family, and your little girl is really darling! I love to check your blog and see how you guys are doing and all the new pictures!
Post a Comment