Yup, she's one! I can't believe it. My heart is breaking but then she smiles and starts jabbering and I feel all better. She's so much fun! So this months developments.
Walking- She has taken several steps and they were a lot sturdier than I expected. So I'm thinking she could walk like a pro if she wanted but figures crawling will get her there faster. So that's what she does. But she took three consecutive steps on October 7th, the most she has taken at one time so far. Happy Birthday mommy!
Talking-El's really starting to repeat things. I guess daddy is going to have to keep his road rage in check. Last night she said "duck" and she really loves saying "button" or..."butt" Maybe she's really saying "but." I don't know though. Last weekend we were at my parents and I asked her if she had a stinky bum and she looked at my dad and said "butt" Needless to say he thought it was the funniest thing since Young Frankenstein. She of course still jabbers like crazy. It's so cute! She's learning more gutteral sounds lately. She'll just explore what the back of her throat can do for hours and make all sorts of strange noises. She thinks it's quite hilarious.
Health-El had her 1 year appointment yesterday. The Dr. called her skinny! Of course she's still a chub but compared to what she was she is getting skinny. So sad. Since her nine month she's gained 1 pound putting her at 21.4 lbs. Sad day. She is also 28.5 inches just FYI. But, she healthy, healthy, healthy and handled the shots like a pro. She of course cried but the nurse was surprised by how well she did.
Other fun things-My living room is trashed! The girl loves pulling my dvd's off the shelves. Then she takes all her toys out of the laundry basket/toy box. Then she spreads them throughout the living room. I can only imagine what things will be like when she finally decided walking isn't as scary as she thinks it is. Luckily she still takes two naps so I have that time to clean up.
Also, she loves macaroni and cheese. Probably because we let her feed herself. She still only has the three teeth so we don't let her do that a lot.
She loves door. I don't get what is so fascinating about them but she'll just sit behind a door and swing it back and forth. She does shut them too which is pretty funny. Once she realizes I'm on the other side she panics.
Oh! She's actually getting a little shy! I'm so proud! She still loves people but instead of reaching for everyone who looks her way now she'll smile coyly at them and lean away or bury her head in my shoulder.
And finally after our move and getting sick she's back to sleeping through the night. Wahoo!
I think that's it for now. We'll be having a party with family tomorrow for her so I'll post pics later. Oh and as for Andrew and I, nothing new to report. Just going through life one day at a time.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
My baby's no longer a baby!
Posted by Sarah Turley at 10:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
lol I have to laugh, because although Kayden is a bit younger then Ella, my living room is also trashed all the time with about the same stuff! And ya our toy box is a laundry basket to :) I can't believe she is 1 though! Thats so crazy its scarey how fast they grow huh!
I relate with the- "she smiles and its all better" comment. Waking up in the middle of the night is not easy, but then A will smile at me, and its all better. I think it works even better these days because her smiles are still few in number. But, she always smiles at Momma! I cant believe Ella is 1. So nuts. She sure is a cutie. I cant wait to see pictures of the birthday. 1st birthdays are so monumental!
It was good seeing you the other day. I'm glad you texted me, because it slipped my brain that you were in town, too. I wish we lived closer so we could hang more often. Alas, so life goes. Maybe we'll both be in the same city again soon.
Oh, sorry-- I forgot I'm logged in under the other email. This is of course Katrina. :)
Post a Comment