Olivia's not. She just mishears. A lot. And it's he-larious!
Ski resort=scary resort
Scared of hikes=scared of heights
No dribble dipping=no double dipping
Tickle Box=to go box
I love it. And still, she makes me laugh with all her other little things. She has informed me that she is very eager to follow the "Jesus light." Also, she claims that she wants to start over again. From the beginning. When Jesus made her a baby. Apparently she believes Abby has a pretty cushy life.
She has decided she wants to be a cashier at Lee's (our grocery store) when she grows up. Her favorite character from The Office is Kevin. She has recently said, "I love you and five make eight." Still trying to figure that one out...
Liv sure makes me giggle. She also makes me wanna pull my hair out. She's still very demanding. And she really isn't great at listening. Or doing her chores. Basically...she was the youngest for four years and it shows. Ha!
Liv has also had a couple big months. Mainly, my little Boogs got registered for kindergarten! Her preschool teacher and I are both quite sad about it. But also very proud of her. Along those same lines, we had to arrange a 504 meeting. That was odd. Olivia is doing so well that I like to live in denial a bit. But, alas, she still has a pacemaker and so certain things must be discussed. After the meeting I'm a bit worried. I'm used to Livie scaring people. Half a heart and pacemaker sounds very scary. But, I'm worried about how her principle is going to handle her. At the meeting we discussed no contact sports. The nurse, who was there, mentioned keeping her from doing the monkey bars, due to the possibility of falling and damaging Pacey. Her principle then chimes in, "So should we keep her from climbing the stairs to the slide?" Yes, let's keep my child, who deserves to live as normal a life as possible, from being a typical kid. I had to chime in multiple times that I wanted her to be able to be a kid, but we just needed to make sure she was excused from dodge ball or those sorts of things. The principle also said, "Oh, maybe I can use her to finally ban tag!" What!? A. Using my child. B. Using my child to further your agenda? As mentioned in Ella's blog post...not my favorite principle. But, I have the district nurses info, and if it's looking like Olivia isn't being allowed to just be a kid I will be calling her so we can reevaluate. Still, there are other things that 504 will help with. If she misses a lot of school due to illnesses, she can't be penalized. Also, with her urinary issues, they can't tell her to just hold it if she needs to go. So that's good. We'll see how this goes. I'm a bit nervous about my girl going to kindergarten...but she's so excited! And we'll be meeting with the nurse, the principle, and her teacher in August right before school. Once I meet with her teacher, I think I should feel a ton better too.
In make-a-wish news, we haven't heard anything else yet. We're just waiting on the doctors to go over everything and make sure she's ok to go. Her official wish is Disneyworld. We have heard from Olivia's special friend, i.e. Bompa (my dad) that he and grammy would like to join us on the trip. Olivia is going to LOOOOOVE that. Seriously, that girl and her bompa.
Oh, and her and Ella got their hair chopped! Again, pics are still on the camera so, enjoy these ones.
Friday, April 14, 2017
Hard of Hearing?
This is Madyson and Chante, Olivia's wish granters.
Olivia is a very attentive big sis. She's also pretty good about not suffocating Abby, but she does have her moments where we need to tell her to back off a bit.
Posted by Sarah Turley at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment