Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Baby Sister

Abigail is one month old. Technically five weeks today, but whatever.
At one month Abby is...sleeping mostly. Nah, she's spending more time awake these days (not much, but still.) She is finally finding her voice a bit and will cry sometimes, though she still prefers grunting. She is eating great and it's starting to show. Her little thighs are chunking up and mommy couldn't be more thrilled. She has smiled once and a half on purpose. She's still working it out, but her eyes smile plenty even when her mouth doesn't quite make it and it is adorable. Abby doesn't like baths, hates being lotioned, hates her reflux meds (and had learned how to work it out of her mouth, little stinker) She loves skin to skin time and nursing. She doesn't nurse well if she's covered (as in hidden when we're in public) so we may not be venturing out much. She will take a bottle, but definitely prefers mom. She is usually STARVING in the evenings and eats constantly for a couple hours before bed. She sleeps three to four hours at night (aside from a couple nights during a growth spurt that she did two hours) She's content to just hang out being held or sitting her swing/rocker. She's definitely my most mellow baby. She loves play-time with daddy, kisses from mommy, and has yet to form an opinion about the girls who keep shoving their faces/toy in her face. She is growing like a weed and is losing that newborn look quickly. It's always strange when others comment on how little she is because she seems giant to me. But, she's still wearing newborn clothes which is longer than the other two were in NB.
Abigail has been so healing. The PTSD from Olivia's first year was bad, but Abby has done her best to help us move passed it. We'll never fully get over it, but having this normal baby experience has definitely aided. Each one of my girls has been an answer to more than one prayer and Abby is no different. I so love this third girl of mine. I'm still in shock that I have three now, but I can't imagine life any other way. I love my Abigail Kathleen.


I attempted doing some newborns by myself. To make them truly remarkable I'd need to edit, but they turned out alright for me being an untrained wannabe.


She loves her furry daddy. She even had to get him a papa bear shirt for Christmas to express that sentiment. 

I'm the luckiest. 

We really do love her to the moon and back. Thanks for the bracelet grammy. Super cute.


This girl actually does ok with tummy time! She is my first kiddo to do well. Ella and Liv would only do it with the boppy pictured. Abby will do it either way. Also, while doing tummy time she tries scooching/crawling already. Has only sorta tried rolling over, but crawling? Sure!

I just love her!!!

0 comments: