Friday, December 19, 2014

Tis The Season!

It's been quite the month so far.  Parties, Santa, Shopping, Baking, lights, illness, oxygen.  Good and bad.  But mostly good.
So, we'll start with the bad.  Miss Liv got a nasty cold and, in the spirit of Christmas giving, gave it to mommy and daddy.  Mommy and daddy have handled it better than Livie though.  She ended up being put on oxygen at the beginning of this week and all I can say is I am so incredibly grateful for her pediatrician.  I had just called to ask about her sats since they were on their way down.  They weren't scary or anything but they told us to come in right then even though their day was already packed.  The nurses and of course Dr. Mark took such good care of Olivia and Ella.  The nurses colored with Ella, and gave Livie suckers when she was upset about the oxygen they put on her.  Dr. Mark thanked me for being paranoid even!  It's nice to have your doctor encourage your borderline helicopter parenting.  And when we were leaving after two hours Candi, one of the nurses, gave me a hug.  Since then Olivia has been pretty bummed about the oxygen but is getting used to it.  Last night we saw some improvement and were able to turn down the O2 from 1.5 liters to .75 so we're on our way to a better baby.
Now for the fun!  We've been to two parties already with a couple more on the way.  We've watched plenty of Christmas movies, listened to Christmas music constantly, driven around looking for lights, sat on Santa's lap, snuggled, had hot cocoa more times than I can count, and spoiled mommy rotten.  So far this Christmas I have already received new furniture, and a new nativity.  Neither of which were cheap.  And I noticed three more largish boxes nestled under the tree for me from daddy.  And of course there's the bedroom that he will be redoing for me.  Seriously spoiled this year.
So, since we all would rather look at pictures than read my rambling thoughts, enjoy!

Thanksgiving



The next three are from Ella's preschool Christmas Concert.  I was so proud!  She said she was scared but we talked about how being brave is doing something even when you're scared so she did.  And it was amazing!  Unfortunately it won't let me load the video (too large) so the pics will have to do.



0 comments: