Saturday, May 25, 2013

It All Works Out In The End

For those of you who follow me on facebook, you may have seen a very cute picture of my girls on a faux picnic.  Andrew and I were super excited for these pictures.  This particular photographer is in Andrew's parents ward.  She's super sweet and very talented.  I've been following her blog for quite a while but because of the price we never planned on using her.  But, then we had this little miracle baby and decided that a good way to celebrate her making it to her first birthday was to spring for the dream photographer.
We did the outside picture with both girls.  The pictures with both of them I didn't figure would be perfect.  Ella has a tendency to try squeezing the love out of Livie and Livie doesn't like that so much and makes sure we know that.  But the individual ones was what I was really excited for.  Ella's photogenic anyway so I wasn't surprised when those turned out.
But, wait.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  When those picnic pictures were done Nicole (the photographer) informed me that she had gotten the pictures on her computer, started editing them, and the next morning about a quarter of them had disappeared.  The majority of Liv's pictures were gone including the ones with her showing off her battle scars.  I was not happy.  Nicole was not happy.  She decided to make it up to me with a free session when I wanted.  I was planning on waiting until Ella's birthday because I just knew that we'd still have good ones.
I waited and waited for the disc she was sending through the mail and it kept not coming.  Finally messaged her to make sure she hadn't forgotten and low and behold, lost in the mail.  She got us another disc and I looked and wasn't so happy.  There weren't many of Liv and they were basically all the same.  Not nicole's fault.  Technologies fault.  So this past tuesday we decided to do pictures in studio with just Livie.  So she wouldn't be eating grass the whole time like she was at the picnic.  And by herself so she wasn't getting mauled by Ella.  And we did it after her morning nap when she is happiest rather than in the evening when the light is good but Livie wants to be in bed.  Nicole was a little speed demon with editing them and got the disc to us today.  For what usually takes two weeks, she did in four days.  After looking at the pictures, I'm thinking we got one of those special unasked for miracles when those other images were lost.  The first session, Livie was tired and distracted.  It was hard to get smiles and even harder to get her to look at the camera.  But for the most recent session...well take a look for yourself.




 Andrew LOVES this face.  Such a silly girl.






 She's always playing with her ears.  Glad we finally got a picture of it.


 This may be my favorite one.  Really I can't decide if it's this one or one of the ones where she's flashing her 3.5 pearly whites and dimples but isn't she a beautiful little thing!

And there's that face again!
There are a lot more, these are just SOME of my favorites.  And here are some from our other session.  




See?  Not bad for these but the ones of Liv aren't even worth showing.
But, it's all worked out for the best and now my only problem is figure out which ones to print.  Or, more likely, where to put all the ones that I print.

1 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay for wonderfully delicious, adorable photos!! Love them.