I know it's a little early for Ella's monthly post but I got both girls down for a nap at the same time! This means rather than blogging tonight when they're in bed I can spend even more time with Andrew. I'm pretty excited.
Ella is getting so big. And smart. And witty. She's figuring stuff out that kind of terrifies me. Like manipulation and procrastination. If she wants something, she'll bat her lashes at you, smile real pretty and say "Look mommy. I happy. Can I have a cookie?" It's crazy! When cleaning up her toys she'll sit there and play with one thing. When I tell her to keep cleaning she'll either say "I need help" and my response is always "You made the mess on your own, you can clean it up on your own." Or when she's taking her sweet time and I once again say "Hurry up." She'll respond, "Just a second. I have to play with this for a minute." We've started setting a timer to get her butt in gear. Ooo she hates it. Not sure why. She doesn't really get in trouble when it goes off. The first couple of times she lost bath time or dessert but since then we don't even have to threaten to take anything away. She freaks out about the timer then promptly gets to work.
I don't know about any of your 3 year olds but Ella certainly brings to mind that little part of Christmas Story "My brother had not eaten voluntarily in three years." That's totally Ella. She was just over one (I think?) when it all started. She'll eat chips, candy, soda, french fries, Panda, PB & J and she does great with any sugary breakfast but dinners for the last two years have been impossible. Well, for you mamas running into the same problem, I found a solution. I've done Mickey Mouse pancakes multiple time since they're uber easy. I finally had one of those "duh!" moments and I pulled out my cookie cutters the other night when we were having hamburgers. I used a butterfly to shape Ella's patty and then again on some bread for her "special" bun. And for the fist time in I don't know how long, we didn't have to ask her to eat her dinner once! She LOVED it. And for those who don't know, my child has never eaten more than a couple bites of a burger ever. Since then we've had egg, bread, and a few other things done up in special shapes. It's not always a success but dinner time is a little more peaceful now that Andrew doesn't get so crazy at Ella for not eating.
Now, for the fun part!
Ella still loves Harry Potter. A lot. So much so that when we returned the H.P.'s to my friend she let us a keep the first two for Ella to watch a few hundred more times. Not too long ago, Ella was watching the second one and when Dobby showed up Ella burst out singing "No more Dobby's jumping on the bed or you'll fall off and break your head!"
When putting Ella down for a nap the other day I told her I would sing just one song. We have four that we sing at night time and she kept asking for all of them. She tried bartering with me and that didn't work. I promised her I'd sing a lot at bedtime that night. She just looked at my shirt and said, "You see those letters on your shirt?" "Yeah?" "They say you have to sing lots to me right now."
Monday, February 4, 2013
Funny Girl
Posted by Sarah Turley at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment