Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Andrew!

June 11th Andrew turned 26! What an old man he is! This year he opted for a quiet family birthday. We had my mom's oriental burgers which are amazingly tasty! For fun here is the recipe!

1 lb. hamburger

1/4 c. soy sauce

1/4 c. corn syrup

1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. minced fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp. ground ginger

1 clove garlic, minced

*Mix all ingredients and shape into patties. It will be sticky. Grill and eat! (I actually usually mix it all together and then let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours to soak up all the flavors. They're even better the next day.)

His present was pretty boring this year. I got him....Money. Yeah, not super exciting but the money is only allowed to be used for a Wii, which he was super excited about. To make his present a little less boring I decorated the jar I put the money in and then folded some of the money. There's a box, bow tie, butterfly, sail boat, and fan.

To finish off the night we had cake. Andrew's been dying for funfetti cake for quite some time now but whenever he's wanted to buy some he always decides against. So instead of the usual chocolate cake I shook things up a bit. As you can see we both enjoyed it but not near as much as Ella. I looked away for a second and this is what happened.
It was a really fun evening. I'm so grateful for Andrew and everything he does for our little family. He's such a sweet husband and a wonderful father. I love you Andrew! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay for birthdays! Happy Birthday to Andrew. Money is kind of boring, but what you can get with it is always the fun part!

Britt Wright said...

Happy b-day Andrew! Hopefully you can get your Wii soon enough. I love Ella's facial expressions...what a cutie! Oh, and I think I'll do some Oriental burgers this weekend....mmm....thanks for the idea! Love you guys!