Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Girl Who Killed Me

Don't be fooled by this face. Cute, yes. Adorable, yes. Dimples that will melt your eyeballs, they're so amazing, yes. But that angelic face can scream loud enough to burst your eardrums. She can cry long enough that you're ready to drop her off at gramma's for the next two weeks. She is stubborn, spoiled, and feisty. She is everything a heart baby needs, and everything a threenager does NOT need. Oi!
Really, I love this girl. She can be incredibly sweet. She is my snuggler and is always the first to say, "You're the best mom." or "I love you, mom." She loves to crawl up in bed with me and just watch tv. Of course she wants to watch one of her shows which is fine. We turn on something and I read. Of course, that can be problematic because she wants to hold my hand and when I take it away to turn pages she gets upset. It's a vicious merry-go-round with her. Happy or sad. No in between.
Since Olivia's cath, we are finally seeing a thriving girl. Her hair has gotten thicker, her energy has gotten to be...do I dare say too much? And she has reached thirty pounds! This girl was stuck at 27 for FOREVER right before surgery. Seriously, she hadn't gained in so long but since she was already a chunk they weren't worried about it. Anyway, big girl! And likes to be held. My back is killing me...
As is normal with this age, Ah the things they say! So, Olivia is potty training. She's doing really well with only the occasional accident (once every 3-14 days depending on her mood. Seriously, she's gunna kill me.) When we first started she did amazing. As in, one day of sitting on a toilet all day. When she finally went, I cheered, she got a treat and for the next two weeks no accidents. Now, she is doing well enough that I can't complain too much. She does have one complaint. I don't cheer as much as I used to. So, one day as I'm sitting with her, she says, "Mom, when I pee, you clap." With the most stern look on her little face every. I was scared to not. Her reasoning has gotten pretty good too. Today, on the way to the store the girls were asking for cookies (the store hands out free cookies to kids.) I told them if they were good, then sure. Livie said, "No crying." and Ella said, "No fighting." Then Livie said, "We will only laugh and tickle each udder." And I laughed and said of course. If you're wondering if they got their cookies, no, they did not. 
Also, two pictures down, Livie has discovered a new dance move. Well, two. I'm not sure where it came from but it's the "twiiiiirl, and LINK!" I need to video her saying it as she does it because it's adorable. Until I do, enjoy the picture.


The twirl and link.

Cuddler. All around cuddler, even if she only get to your head.

Snow. It's good.

This girl loves her hot chocolate. Oh, and quick story about the necklace she is wearing. It's from her boyfriend, Carter. It has a crown at the end of it because when they play, he is her prince and she his princess. Carter picked it out and everything. Ah, young love.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh that little stink. She's too cute! I love that she loves her necklace!

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.