Today has been kind of emotional for me. No worries, the little one is alright...as far as we can tell. Dr. Firth, our ob, went home sick today and so we've been rescheduled for April 1st. I'm very disappointed and just want to hear our little ones heart. It would be nice to actually see/hear some kind of proof that I'm pregnant because the whole thing still seems unreal. April 1st also just seems like a horrible day to have this first appointment. Chances are we'll be told it's twins and then after waking up after passing out we'll get all excited only to find out it's some sort of nasty April Fool's joke. I've been quite upset all day about the situation and the hormones definitely haven't helped me get control of myself but all will be well and I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll wake up and be just fine.
Now for the second part of the title of this blog. Nothing gets you quite baby hungry like getting something for your baby. Today was supposed to be a day full of baby events. First the Dr. which fell through. Second, our Baby Your Baby nurse stopped by to check on me, my morning sickness (or lack thereof) and give me some information on medicaid and other baby stuff. She was quite helpful and informed me that I should get my teeth cleaned soon because it helps with pregnancy or something like that. Either way, it's covered by medicaid and those of you who know me well know that I LOVE getting my teeth cleaned. So the fact that it'll be paid for has made me so incredible excited that the disappointment from earlier today has ebbed a bit. Leona, this sweet little nurse, also left me with a few things such as a pregnancy and newborn journal thing to track weight, kicks, thoughts, all sorts of things. Also with this bag of goodies that she left was a Lamaze magazine with a cute little sample bag. Inside was a huggies diaper. I know this sounds completely strange but I almost cried when I pulled the diaper out. It's for a newborn and so is extremely tiny and so sweet. All I could think of is that cute little bum that I'll put in that cute little diaper in about 6 months. Who would've ever thought that a diaper would make someone feel better about their day.
Oh and in case anyone was getting worried they'd have to loan us money, we are officially approved for medicaid and will have our card within a couple of days. So today isn't all bad.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Frustration and Disappointment and a Cute Little Diaper
Posted by Sarah Turley at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't think that I ever said congrats to you! I hope that everything gets better for you! That's one thing I hated about pregnancy, I cried all of the time.. Good luck!! And congrats again! Kylynne (Rigby) Huber
Our blog is private so if you would like to see it just email me lilsis01@hotmail.com
awww! i got to change sarah grace a few times when she was visiting. that made me baby hungry too. i'm so excited for you guys.
We are WAY excited for your little family to be growing! And I totally agree that those diapers are so small and cute...let us know how the appt. goes....and if things are still on track to move at the end of April.
Post a Comment