As all my avid readers know this last weekend was conference. I was invited to a girl party during the priesthood session and having nothing else to do I went. This particular party was being held by my mother-in-laws sister and her daughters. Love 'em but their idea of a girl party and mine are quite different. I'm all about getting icecream, staying in pajamas and watching a chick flick. They are all about doing crafts. Last year we made gourd people (not my style.) So I was a little hesitant about this year. BUT! Instead my aunt-in-law had her daughter-in-law (who is more my cup of tea) teach us some stampin' up tile stuff. I was very pleased and loved it. Here's what I made.

A new thing Andrew and I have started is a different type of date night. Since we have nothing in common it's hard to get a date planned that we both want to do so we usually end up watching a movie or going to the movies. Either way, lots of movie watching and not a lot of talking. So, I devised a nice little plan in which we alternate weeks. He'll be in charge of date night one week and the next I will be in charge. Last week he took me up the canyon and to see the fall colors (one thing we both enjoy.) This week was my turn and due to my excitement I couldn't wait so we made it our family home evening too. So what did we do you ask? Well, I decided I didn't have enough halloween decor so we painted pumpkins (we'll carve some later but the paint will last longer.) We both ended up going with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. His is Jack and mine is the curly hill thing and the pumpkin patch. (In case you can't tell from this pic it says happy halloween on the moon in mine.)


3 comments:
Awesome Sarah! You are getting to a cute little crafty wife. The pumpkins are so cool! Even if Jac and I tried to attempt this, it would not have turned out so well. Oh and Sarah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Wow, will you paint my pumpkins? You both did a great job. I think I like the idea of painting better than carving.
Painting is awesome. You can do more and it last longer!
Post a Comment